WEZE, WCOP and NBC

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Tue Jan 29 16:44:55 EST 2008

> Point of trivia: WNAC-TV 7's test pattern had the Yankee Network logo
> on it long after the Yankee Network became defunct.

<<I always wondered why it was there at all, since there wasn't a
Yankee Network on television.  Or was there?>>

I can't answer that except to say that if it did exist, I don't remember it
at all, and I can remember Boston television back to about 1954.  I'm
wondering --- perhaps Donna can help us out  here --- whether the name of
Shepard's parent company for WNAC
and WNAC-TV may have been The Yankee Network, Inc., or something along those
lines.  If that were the case, it would explain the logo on the test
pattern --- General Teleradio/RKO General simply retained it, maybe as a tip
of the hat to history.

-Doug