We can't air what he said but go to our website

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Feb 29 14:13:29 EST 2008

<<On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:28:36 -0500, kvahey@comcast.net said:

> CC has spent a fortune on this transmitter upgrade and I can not see
> them staying spanish. There just isn't the money in this market.

I suspect that would come as a surprise to the owners of 800, 1110,
1150, 1230, 1300, 1330, and 1360.  (Not to mention 1200 and 1430.)

Rumba doesn't cost that much to run, and the audience is clearly out
there.  How much of 1200/1430's low ratings is due to the fact that
the night signals don't serve the core of the market?  (And how much
is due to the fact that Arbitron considers Boston a "non-Hispanic"
market and thus doesn't go to particular effort to seek out
Spanish-speaking panelists?)

-GAWollman