We can't air what he said but go to our website

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Feb 29 13:37:14 EST 2008

>>What fees? CC owns Rush and by cutting out the middleman (Entercom)
they would most likely generate more income than they get from RKO.<<

Unless you know that for a fact, don't assume.  Many companies with multiple divisions keep them entirely separate, and even if they're just moving money around on the books, it's entirely possible that Rush would cost a CC-owned station just as much as it costs us now.  Rights fees and distribution costs don't go away just because he's on a station his syndicator owns.

However, if they put Rush on a lesser signal, it's likely not going to bill as much, which means that, all else being equal, going to a CC-owned station might even make them less money than if he stays at WRKO.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF
WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM