Music Till Dawn on WEEI

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 21:48:18 EST 2008

Dan I have the same vague recollection that it was on WBZ at one point
but I remember it most being on WEEI.

I believe the reason the radio networks didn't use network lines for
programming after midnight was to save money with AT&T long lines.
Network overnight news didn't start until the mid 70's and telco costs
may have been the reason. With TV you had to call AT&T with a good
night every single day even though the line was always active.

As late as 1975 the only national overnight show was actually a 3
station network with KSL WHAS and WBAL. It orginated at KSL and was
rebroadcast by the other 2. Herb Jepco sound right?