Passing of Joe Kruger

chris2526 chris2526@comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 23:33:13 EST 2008

I recently received word that Joe Kruger passed away, a few of you
older board members will recall Joe was the long time General Manager
of Tarlow Associates stations 1430 Khz WIBL
                                                        WHIL
                                                        WWEL

and in 1960 obtained Bostons last open FM allocation
107.9 Mhz WISK-FM
                                                       WHIL-FM
                                                       WWEL-FM

Joe was a true gentleman and a man of his word, he did wondeful
things under difficult conditions, WWEL-FM did quite well against entrenched
WJIB who was owned at the time by General Electric
who had very deep pockets.
Joe always treated me like gold and I will be forever greatful

Chris Hall

Chris