WFXT-DT power increase?

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 13:42:14 EST 2008

> I think Boston to Hartford (or rather, Needham to Farmington) is a
> much tougher case than Needham to Ascutney, as I think the UHD
> Candelabra is tall enough to diffract over much of the terrain
> blockage in the Worcester hills, and the top of the tower in
> Farmington is one of the highest points in the state (2048 feet AMSL).

I still don't understand why they are letting WFXT and WTIC stay on the same
channel, at full power after the transition. When you look at the coverage
maps on the FCC website, there is significant overlap. Does anyone know how
these signals will act with two stations on the same frequency? We all know
how it looks with analog signals, but digital is obviously a whole new
world.

How in the world did this happen... was someone at the FCC asleep at the
switch when these channel assignments were decided on?

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA