WFXT-DT power increase?

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 14:55:38 EST 2008

I agree with Jeff.  Putting two full-powered DTV's a little more than 100 miles away from each other is asking for trouble.  I think that they (WFXT-DT) would be better off by returning to their original dial position on Channel 25.  They've already have an antenna cut to Channel 25 on their old analog system.  It would be relatively simple to replace their old Channel 25 transmission line (which failed a few weeks ago) and connect their new DT transmitter to the old antenna.  It should be broadband enough to handle it (and then some).  Similarly, I believe WGGB (DTV Channel 40) in Springfield is planning to revitalize their old analog antenna system cut for Channel 40 and to use their new DT transmitter on it on Feb 17th.  It's cheaper to do this and they would get nearly the same coverage they had as an analog station. Smart move.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
"Scanning the bands since 1967"
radiojunkie1@yahoo.com