WFXT-DT power increase?

Alexander Svirsky as@shawsheen.com
Tue Dec 23 10:59:49 EST 2008

Quoting Jeff Lehmann <jjlehmann@comcast.net>:

> It could just be the weather. I've noticed that local UHF signals (in all
> different forms, amateur, public safety, TV, etc...) seem to become stronger
> and more stable when the temperature drops below freezing and/or there's
> snow on the ground.

I've had better signal strength overall since the leaves dropped,
which I expect, and reception can change with the weather.  But
WFXT-DT has gone from zero-strength, never received at my location to
being nearly as reliable as WBZ-DT and WHDH-DT, overnight.  At the
same time WLVI-DT is the same hit-or-miss, no change in poor reception.

Maybe snowcover is somehow conductive of RF at 572 MHz and not at 632
MHz.  ;-)  Or, WFXT has changed something about their digital
transmission because they, in effect, had no OTA coverage outside of
the 128 and Metrowest areas after the analog failure.

For some reason I thought that WFXT-DT was protecting WNNE 31 in VT.
I forgot about WTIC-DT.  Interesting that WNNE-DT is on 25.  How does
WFXT-DT increase power in 2009 with WTIC-DT staying on 31 after the
transition?

--
Alexander Svirsky
http://shawsheen.com/