WFXT-DT power increase?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Dec 22 20:54:05 EST 2008

<<On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:10:40 -0500, "Jeff Lehmann" <jjlehmann@comcast.net> said:

> It could just be the weather. I've noticed that local UHF signals (in all
> different forms, amateur, public safety, TV, etc...) seem to become stronger
> and more stable when the temperature drops below freezing and/or there's
> snow on the ground.

Changes in the weather change the refractive index of the troposphere.
That's why protected and interfering contours are specified as "at
least 50% of locations, at least 50% of the time" or "at least 90% of
locations, at least 10% of the time".  The Longley-Rice propagation
model used for DTV studies includes a "climate" parameter.

-GAWollman