old WBUR tower torn down

Rick Kelly rickkelly@gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:10:35 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Aaron Read <friedbagels@gmail.com> wrote:

> Prior to WTBU being in COM, they were in the
> basement of the Myles Annex dorm (former Graham Jr. College - I know I'm
> misspelling that), and before that in a different place in the main Myles
> Standish dorm, and before that in a now-demolished space in the GSU
> Student.

When I visitied 'TBU in around 1972-73, they were in Standish.
Chatted with John Gambling III while there.  After Grahm Junior
College closed, BU and 'TBU took over the Grahm administration
building at 645 Beacon St.  As I understand it, for a few years WTBU
was located in where the old studios of Grahm's WCSB (also
carrier-current, on 640AM) at 645 Beacon..  I had heard 645 Beacon
flooded with water a couple of times during the 1980's.  We never had
water or flooding in there during my two years at Grahm.  I was
Production Director at WCSB 1972-73.

Rick Kelly
northeastairchecks.com