Arbitron's sampling methodologyisFARmoreimportantthanMrorMrsDePetro's misdeeds

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 14:58:53 EDT 2008

> That is an ABSURD and completely inaccurate statement!!! As I said in
> the post that started the enture thread here, the point about
> Arbitron's invalid sampling methodology..

Not at all.

(I didn't realize you were an expert in this field Dan.)

The statement was in response to Dan Billings comment about "cheating".

As Garrett pointed out, PPM combats the problem of "conscious recall" and
"actual listening".

Given your scenario, you would have to GET 6 PP's...which will be much
harder to do than to get 6 paper diaries.  Not to mention that at the end of
the day, they have to report back to the mothership...would all 6 report
back from the same phone line?

While no methodology is perfect, PPM should be better at situations like
Depetro's.