Atlantic Coast Radio Changes Confirmed

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Aug 19 20:02:03 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Igo" <chuckigo@maine.rr.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: Atlantic Coast Radio Changes Confirmed

> fortunately for Portland, the audience will support the local sports
> station over the out-of-town thing.  Mainers are funny that way.  If that
> were not the case, then the syndicated shows of WZAN, WLOB, et al would be
> #1 in their dayparts.  but, the current shows that are consistently in the
> top of the dayparts and target demos in Portland are local products.

We'll see.  But when it comes to sports, local is Boston.  Also, outside of
morningd drive, there is no local talk in Portland competing with the top
national shows.  When a local talk show on WLOB beat Rush?  I doubt it.

The Big Jab morning show has an established audience.  The afternoon show is
likely to get crushed by Ordway, though I agree that the midday show is the
best bet for success.

I think it would have made sense to combined the local morning show with
WEEI programming the rest of the day.