CBS Selling off 50 Stations

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Aug 3 11:16:34 EDT 2008

I'm not sure how much Buckley could acquire, if they wanted to.  They
own 3 AM's around the state along with WDRC AM&FM.  With Hartford
being an underradioed market, they probably would have to sell off
the out of town AMs (mostly graveyarders) to buy even two of the FM's
for sale.  That won't be easy.  Historically, Buckley doesn't buy and
sell a lot of properties so I don't know if they would even have an
interest in beefing up their portfolio there.

At this point I think WCCC and WTMI are the only stations Marlin
owns.  They sold off their Miami cluster several years back.  If
anything, they've been rumored to be sellers, not buyers, but they
seem to be content with their current combo.  Considering their size,
the CBS stations are probably too rich for their blood.  WURH has
been on the block for awhile now and I think they would have bought
it by now if they wanted it, especially since it's currently
competing with WCCC.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"