The Bright Lights Of Downtown Lawrence

Thomas Whetston thomas.whetston@army.com
Sun Apr 6 19:53:10 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 1:09 PM
Subject: The Bright Lights Of Downtown Lawrence

>Here,I was, driving north on route 93 Saturdaay night, and I remembered
>that
>Chris and friends were supposed to be putting WLLH-AM 1400's Lawrence
>transmitter back on-the-air.
>considering the lack of amenities on Essex Street in Lawrence on weekends,
>where
>do they go to eat during lunch breaks...Lawton's?

As far away as humanly possible, when I was a lowly partimer in the 80s, the
back door facing the parking lot would never close correctly.  So since
there was heat
and benches inside we'd have the opportunity to meet a lot of the downtown
Lawrence
illuminati.

It was the only place I ever worked where big guys would ask if I'd walk
them to their
car.

Lawrence was always an adventure.  I've seen many 3rd world *holes and it
was one.

Thom Whetston
(Warren Christy)
WCGY 1983-85