Kid's Show Hosts

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:54:48 EDT 2008

mike@miscon.net wrote:

> I know I'm rather late coming
> into this discussion, but I can attest to one "Mister Mike,"
> host of the Children's Music Hour on WOTW in the mid 80's being thrust
> into that position. I had originally thought that it was simply another
> taped program I had to rack up when I interviewed with Ernie Jenkins the
> previous Friday.
>
> Heheh.
>
> But to this day, it ended up
> being the most fun I've ever had in radio.
>
> (though I still have
> a lot of fun!)
>
> Mike

And I am honored to have been listening to my old buddy, "Mister Mike"
as he debuted.  "Hi. This is Mister Mike.  And I lovve yeeewww."  It was
a ROFL moment before they were called ROFL moments.  The thing that was
great about it was, Mike did make it work.

Bill O'

--
I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
/Rodney Dangerfield/