Kid's Show Hosts (was: WMUR)

mike@miscon.net mike@miscon.net
Tue Apr 1 08:28:13 EDT 2008

Maureen said, over a week ago:

> Most of the TV kid's hosts
didn't set out to do that. It's what they had
> to do to stay
employed. Some were clowns or children's entertainers but
> many
were station announcers assigned to that particular show in the

course of their duties.

I know I'm rather late coming
into this discussion, but I can attest to one "Mister Mike,"
host of the Children's Music Hour on WOTW in the mid 80's being thrust
into that position. I had originally thought that it was simply another
taped program I had to rack up when I interviewed with Ernie Jenkins the
previous Friday.

Heheh.

But to this day, it ended up
being the most fun I've ever had in radio.

(though I still have
a lot of fun!)

Mike