FCC - cable dual visability

Peter Murray pete@partnercomm.com
Tue Sep 18 09:07:39 EDT 2007

Cable companies are certainly welcome to transit every channel in whatever
format they find most convenient - whether analog or any of a number of
digital formats.

For best use of their bandwidth, it is simply a (very inexpensive) chipset
at the subscriber end that would make those channels viewable (via
S-Video, composite or RF) by those with analog-only television receivers.

There is no reason why they'd need to provide analog at their *head end*.
I didn't read that there was a "no converter" requirement...

-Peter

--
Peter Murray (N3IXY)
Oak Hill, VA