FCC - cable dual visability

Ken VanTassell kenwvt@gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:32:28 EDT 2007

Bob,

   I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. If you get
your tv over the air, after Feb. 2009 you will get nothing on your
set. Why should only cable operators be forced to continue analog ?
  There is only so much bandwidth on cable and it is limiting the
amount of HD content available. Many (like myself) have invested in
large HD sets and want all the additonal HD channels. Each analog
channel can carry 5 SD digital signals or two HD signals in its place.
    The cable companies are only being forced to keep the "must carry"
stations in analog and I don't know many people who will be happy with
only 12 or so OTA channels . Most will need a digital converter box
anyway. This whole idea is a complete waste of available cable
bandwidth.

-Ken