Carr's latest legal moves

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Oct 21 01:44:36 EDT 2007

The judge's language should have been a bit more "judicial" but it was
pretty hypocritical for Carr, who loves to talk about what people make in
his column or on the air, to ask for special treatment to keep his contract
from public view.  I also suspect the judge was frustrated with the approach
that the Carr side took to the case.

Also, someone who supports the First Amendment and the role of the press in
holding our government accountable, would want the contract on the record so
people could evaluate whether the court handled the matter correctly.