Bonneville is already using "Nightside" name

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 12:04:42 EDT 2007

I like what Dan Rea is doing with the slot and wish him well. He is a great
journalist and has put in a lot of time breaking really good stories.
What he did in the investigation of Joe Salvati - not letting go of the
story - is unheard of these days in broadcast journalism.
I think his goal of a local show who puts people's feet to the fire is a
good angle.
I don't know if he is right to far right but I sense a moderate to
conservative philosophy.
My only criticism of him is that he did, unwittingly, continue to perpetuate
the myth that
Saddam Hussein was involved in 9-11, after a caller from Medford a few
months back talked about the young men from the town
signing up to go to Iraq. The caller kept saying, We can't forget 9-11, we
can't forget 9-11. And Rea said, That's right.
When called on it by another caller towards the end of that hour, Rea denied
that he said it and berated the caller quite defensively.
The caller was right and Rea was wrong.

Best,
Tony Schinella
Politizine.com