You Never Know What You'll Hear On WWZN-AM

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:04:56 EST 2007

When all-sports WWZN-AM 1510 in Boston was purchased by Blackstrap Broadcasting last spring, their
announced intention was to continue an all-sports format with a greater focus on local programming.
Cue the end-of-game buzzer: after casually observing the 1510 dial spot, it appears to me that anything
BUT sports is likely to be the fare.  Recently they added a midnight-to-dawn "religious" show by an
Elmer Gantry soundalike, "Brother Stair".  Since then, sports programming has been pre-empted in
mid-morning by something called "Duke and the Doctor", offering "health and nutrition advice".
And in the evening (I'm not sure when the show begins) the always reliable and respected personal
advice guru, Roy Masters can be heard.  I do believe the former Sporting News Radio outlet in
northern New Jersey when this route.  WWZN's website indicates they're still committed to broadcasting
Harvard and Boston University sports play-by-play.  (The website also indicates that WWZN is still the
home of North Shore Spirit baseball; um, the "Spirit" gave up the ghost months ago.) I'll bet
Harvard and B.U. are especially pleased to be associated with such increasingly bizarre fare!

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?