Low cost remote stereo feed to FM station

Cohasset / Hippisley cohasset@frontiernet.net
Thu May 10 16:00:40 EDT 2007

"Thank you!" to everyone who responded -- both on the reflector and
off-line -- to my request for suggestions on ways to implement a
low-cost stereo feed from my church to a nearby radio station.  This is
not my "day job", so I'm slow in getting back to any of you
individually, but I *will* be following up with specific "how to"
questions regarding some of the techniques proposed.

Armed with some buzz-words and ideas from the responses I received here,
I called the station today and spoke with the (self-described
non-technical) station owner.  The situation there is a bit more
primitive that I had anticipated (...errr, maybe the correct word is
"hoped").  For instance, the only other "live" remotes they do are local
high school games; he tells me the audio feeds for these originate with
a cell phone!  (Heck, I'd love to know where they found a cell phone
with that kind of talk time!)  Further, their engineer is a contract
person who usually only shows up at the station in response to an
emergency, so scheduling a sit-down meeting with him will be next to
impossible.  Etc., etc.

However, the owner is more than casually interested in working with me
to find a way to improve the audio quality of our church service, and so
we'll be pursuing possible solutions, although perhaps not exactly the
way I had planned.

In the meantime, I've been doing a bunch of background reading on
equipment (Barix, et al.) and techniques suggested here.  Again, to all
who responded:  Thank you!

Bud Hippisley