Herald: Finneran bombs in ratings

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Wed May 2 19:00:50 EDT 2007

Entercom can afford to wait it out.  I'm sure they figured some of the
older, ultra-conservative listeners would defect, and probably figured
Dennis and Callahan at WEEI would be the landing spot for that demo.
With WTKK's morning show in flux as well, they can give Finneran the
time to find the younger, more centrist audience they were looking for
in mornings.  If anything, Finneran could wind up being the beneficiary
of the Imus firing.  The I-man tended to be a more moderate
conservative, which is closer to Finneran's politics than say Michael
Graham's or Jay Severin's.  Those listeners may check out WRKO this
book.  Besides, you can't make a determination this early, especially
in talk radio.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"