WFCR Switches AM Frequencies

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sat Mar 10 11:22:38 EST 2007

I thought that WPNI ran different NPR programming than WFCR.  As I
understood it, 88.5 would run the main programs (Morning Edition, All
Things Considered, etc.)  along with some local fare while 1430 carried
primarily alternate shows that didn't clear on the FM.  It seems to be
a waste to run the exact same programming on 88.5 and 1430 since the FM
signal is far superior throughout all of WPNI's footprint.

Now that WNNZ will be working with WFCR and the two stations are some
distance apart, will it be a straight simulcast or will 640 break away
to run some different shows?

Also, is Springfield one of the markets Clear Channel is spinning off
in it's move to go private?  Maybe the LMA of WNNZ will become an
outright purchase somewhere down the road..

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"