Greater Media tries to reach youth...with HD station

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Sat Mar 3 12:45:25 EST 2007

That's actually a good idea although I wonder if it would drive listeners
away from the main channel ... Which would defeat the entire purpose.
Radio is trying to build new audiences; not drive them away from main
channels to secondary channels.

Best,
Tony Schinella

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nelson [mailto:raccoonradio@mail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 12:39 PM
To: radiotony; BostonRadio Mailing List
Subject: RE: Greater Media tries to reach youth...with HD station

Great that they're trying something innovative, I guess. An idea for the
folks at Greater Media: have an hour long show on the weekend playing some
of this stuff and tell people they can hear more by getting an HD radio and
tuning to the new station etc. (I wonder if they mention on their Sun
morning country oldies show that WKLB's HD2 station does classic country,
for those who want to hear it at other times...)