Greater Media tries to reach youth...with HD station

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Mar 3 16:08:15 EST 2007

At 12:45 PM 3/3/2007, radiotony wrote:

>That's actually a good idea although I wonder if it would drive listeners
>away from the main channel ... Which would defeat the entire purpose.
>Radio is trying to build new audiences; not drive them away from main
>channels to secondary channels.

I think they would rather have you listening to the secondary
channels part of the time than having you buy satellite radio and
never listen to the main channel.  I think  the broadcast stations
will do just about anything to keep people away from satellite, that
is their biggest fear.

That being said I'll be getting to listen to the secondary channels
myself next week, my Sangean tuner is scheduled to be delivered on
Monday.  If anyone's interested, Ambient Weather has them for $199.00
with free shipping http://www.ambientweather.com/sasrhdt1.html, last
week when I placed my order it was on sale for $179.10 but I had to
pay $10.48 for shipping, it was still a bit cheaper than getting one
at You Blew It and paying sales tax.  The VHF-UHF Digest (Worldwide
TV-FM DX Assn.) had an excellent review if this tuner, the reviewer
said the selectivity is noticeably better than a Carver TX-11, which
happens to be what I'm replacing with the Sangean.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH