AM Radio Coverage

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:21:29 EST 2007

>>So if they can get US stations in Europe, howcome we don't get
European stations in the US (on medium wave, that is)?

I used to pick up the BBC at what sounded like 640 kHz sometimes late
on a Sunday night...on a clock radio with an analog dial

btw Europe has 9 kHz spacing doesn't it? You might have something like
"1248 kHz". A Walkman I recently got allowed you to set it to the
9 kHz spacing (and at one point I accidentally set it that way
but after I took the battery out and tried again, it was back
to 10 kHz spacing: 530, 540 et al)