AM Radio Coverage

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Mar 1 00:53:27 EST 2007

On 28 Feb 2007 at 17:14, w1mnk@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> I remember that when we lived in Portugal, in the mid to late 1950's,
> my Dad would listen to WABC during the evening. He wanted to listen to
> WBZ, but couldn't because of the cardiod (sp?) pattern of BZ which
> sent most of the signal west. Are my recollections faulty?

So if they can get US stations in Europe, howcome we don't get
European stations in the US (on medium wave, that is)?

I do remember hearing Trans World Radio, on Bonaire Island now and
then in the Netherlands Antilles (off the coast of Venezuela) at 800
kHz.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581