WLLH Listing With FCC (3)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Jun 29 02:12:03 EDT 2007

On 28 Jun 2007 at 11:07, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> >I think it was the first of the original dual-synch
> >transmitting stations.
> >The used to have a top of the hour ID. "The only
> >station in America transmitting from TWO cities".
>
> That must have been AFTER the breakup of the WBZ-WBZA
> "synchronous"operation.

I don't think it was.  I first heard WLLH, Lowel-Lawrence in the late
1950s, quite a few years before the shutdown of WBZA.  The
difference, I think, was that WBZ-WBZA were two stations each with
its own callsign, and they were separated by a much larger distance.
WLLH had two transmitters in adjacent cities, both broadcasting with
the same callsign.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com