WCOP-1150

markwa1ion@aol.com markwa1ion@aol.com
Thu Jun 21 12:36:04 EDT 2007

The DJ's I remember on 'COP in 1961 were Bob Wilson (of later
sportscasting fame), Ed Mitchell, Dex Card, Phil Christie, Pat
Patterson, and Paul Koss.  The station bailed out of Top 40 sometime in
1962 and went to mello-jello MoR (a process kids called "going square")
before changing over to country quite a while later in the '60s.

1150 still transmits from the Concord Avenue site with basically the
same ineffectual signal (all right, OK to the southeast but
unimpressive elsewhere).  When New Brunswick was still on the channel,
it would pummel WCOP in the DAYTIME at places like Granite Pier in
Rockport, MA.  Even now, with CHSJ-NB (and some other Canadians) gone
and Skowhegan moved to 1160, a good night signal from 1150 is not
foolproof in the metro area mostly due to incursions from WMRD in CT
(whose DA must be out of whack), one of the Quebecois French talkers,
and Ontario's powerhouse oldies station CKOC.  That one completely owns
the channel at night north of the NH border.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Maguire <w1mnk@tampabay.rr.com>
To: A. Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
Cc: markwa1ion@aol.com; boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org
Sent: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 7:56 am
Subject: Re: Boston songs (early '60s)

You are correct, the studio and transmitter facility were at 75 Concord
Ave, Lexington. Business and sales offices on Clarendon St. Some DJs I
remember during my time there

Jim Brokaw
Bob Greene
Don Thomas
Neil Gran
Neil McDonough (sp?)

There were others, but those neurons must be sleeping now!!

Regards, Jon W1MNK Brandon, FL USA