Memories of John Garabedian and V-66...

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jun 21 01:41:29 EDT 2007

On 21 Jun 2007 at 0:29, Doug Drown wrote:

> WLLH-FM was another station some of us used to listen to in Ashburnham
> when I was in high school . . . WKBR-FM, too.  I remember when Bill
> Jones ("The Jones Boy") of WMEX was on 'KBR.
>
> I thought the FCC put graveyard stations like WLLH at a real
> disadvantage years ago when it began insisting that AM/FM combos had
> to split their programming part of each day.  Simulcasting on FM gave
> some of those little stations a chance to have much wider listening
> areas than they would otherwise have had with their 250-watt nighttime
> AM signals.   On the other hand, who, back then, could have foreseen
> what FM would become?

Yes, I could get WKBR-FM in Bedford, MA, and especially after WCOP
dropped top-40, I used to listen to it in the evening, when WMEX was
hard to receive and had talk after 10:00 PM.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com