When WBZ played covers instead of hits

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jun 21 01:41:29 EDT 2007

On 20 Jun 2007 at 12:23, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> They flipped much, much earlier probably early 1962 when they went
> back to MOR. I know this because growing up in North Cambridge they
> had a much stronger signal than WMEX.

It was summer of 1962.  I know because I remember writing about it in
a letter to my sister at summer camp.

In Bedford, where I lived, WCOP had a very strong signal.  WMEX had a
good signal in the daytime, but it was often very difficult at night,
with interference from WKBW at 1520.  When I was in law school in the
late 1960s, I discovered that the WMEX night signal faded rather
badly as soon as I turned off the main road to my neighborhood.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com