When WBZ played covers instead of hits

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Jun 20 02:24:36 EDT 2007

>Joe Ross wrote--
>
>WBZ often played some of the darndest things back then, and it was
>part of the fun of listening to the station.

Absolutely.  I remember Bruce Bradley playing Screaming Jay Hawkins
version of "I Put a Spell on You" which he often cut up and used for
drop-ins (or "hacks" as they used to be called).  He also played
"Grandpa's Grave" by Peter Sellers ("We're removing grandpa's grave
to build a sewer..."  Ah they don't write 'em like that any more!)