When WBZ played covers instead of hits

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jun 21 01:41:30 EDT 2007

On 20 Jun 2007 at 2:24, Donna Halper wrote:

> Absolutely.  I remember Bruce Bradley playing Screaming Jay Hawkins
> version of "I Put a Spell on You" which he often cut up and used for
> drop-ins (or "hacks" as they used to be called).  He also played
> "Grandpa's Grave" by Peter Sellers ("We're removing grandpa's grave to
> build a sewer..."  Ah they don't write 'em like that any more!)

I was thinking of that when I wrote that.  Bruce Bradley usually
would play a brief excerpt from "Grandpa's Grave."  Occasionally, he
played more, possibly the whole thing.  I used to wonder what it was
and always assumed there was more to it, since what we heard didn't
seem to make sense completely.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com