When WBZ played covers instead of hits

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:51:07 EDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Roger Kirk <rogerkirk@ttlc.net> wrote:
> Not limited to Boston.
>
> The Jordan Bros. were also played in Portland ME on WLOB - which was
> king of the Top 40 stack by then.  >
> WLOB played both the New Happiness and the New Vaudville Band's versions.

Now I wonder if WLOB played the Jordan Brothers because WBZ did

I emailed Dick Summer and he said
Hi Kevin, nice to hear from you. It's hard for most people to imagine
these days, but BZ didn' t have a format or a play list. We played
what we wanted to play. So a lot of stuff came up that "didn't make
sense." We were just having fun. It's special to be remembered for all
those years...

Actually I liked the Jordan Brothers version better. Heard it for the
first time in close to 40 years this morning online