Avast, ye pirates (Boston 101.3, Lynn 1690)

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Jun 8 16:53:31 EDT 2007

At 11:32 AM -0500 6/8/07, Bob Nelson wrote:

>I heard from someone at WFNX that there's an effort by that station
>as well as some other adjacents (WWBB Prov., WGIR-FM in NH)
>to contact the FCC and get the huge 101.3 Boston pirate shut down. He said
>that the 101.3 could be still picked up faintly in Andover.

101.3 is not adjacent to 101.7, it is what is referred to as a second
adjacent.  Any modern radio should have no trouble separating the
two.  A lot of the standards that the stations use to claim that a
station has an interference potential are based on tube radios with
IF transformers rather than filters.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH