Cable Choice and Competition Act (FiOS)

Aaron Read readaaron@friedbagels.com
Fri Jun 8 12:37:42 EDT 2007

Let me start be saying that I am, in general, not a great fan of
Verizon. There are things that they do exceedingly well, however, and I
gladly buy my cell phone service from them as a result. Another thing I
would readily buy from VZ - if it were available - is FiOS.

I recently moved from New Jersey, where FiOS was available, to
Worcester, where it is not, and I have to say that I miss it very much.

----------------

You're among the few, Dave.  Check out this litany of unhappy FiOS
consumers:  http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/fios/

The classic is the first entry:

RFJason documented the 6-month ordeal it took to get Verizon FiOS
installed.  It was a debacle, starting with his first customer service
calls to get the fiber optic installed, like this quote from a customer
service rep:

"Sir, I think I know our products pretty well, and there's no such thing
as fie-ohsss here. Maybe you're thinking of another company."

--

Aaron Read