BRI: Old Casey Kasem AT-40 shows to WODS?

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 18:28:13 EDT 2007

The other night I heard a promo with an aged-sounding Casey
Kasem saying that Oldies 103.3 will be rebroadcasting old
1970's editions of his nationally syndicated "American Top
40" shows on Saturday evenings. I guess that's it for
"Mighty Mike" Osborne's live, local "Saturday Night 70's".

I'm sure the shows will have nostalgia factor for the oldies
audience who grew up listening to him every week in the 70's,
but I can't see it getting ratings of a well-executed live,
local, interactive Saturday night 60's/70's oldies party show.

It's probably supplied at low cost and mostly national sponsor
supported (or perhaps even free and sponsored), so it would
cost them a lot less to run it and pay a board-op rather than
live talent (I don't think they use automation there). They're
also running old Wolfman Jack shows Sunday nights at 11:00 PM
(after Barry Scott's "Lost 45's").

Well, as the man always said, "keep your feet on the ground,
and keep reaching for the stars"...

EP