BRI: Old Casey Kasem AT-40 shows to WODS?

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Jun 2 01:33:06 EDT 2007

Quoting Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net>:

> The other night I heard a promo with an aged-sounding Casey
> Kasem saying that Oldies 103.3 will be rebroadcasting old
> 1970's editions of his nationally syndicated "American Top
> 40" shows on Saturday evenings. I guess that's it for
> "Mighty Mike" Osborne's live, local "Saturday Night 70's".

Actually XM Radio has been playing the shows sans commercials on the
70's and 80's channels for the past few weeks.  All I can surmise is
that Kasey Kasem is trying to milk a few dollars for his retirement by
placing the shows back in syndication.

I actually think that its a good time filler for an Oldies station
though maybe not at the expense of a popular live show.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
77 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5691