Herald: Music fee hikes could scuttle WJIB

Aaron Read readaaron@friedbagels.com
Mon Jan 29 12:09:59 EST 2007

 >>On 27 Jan 2007 at 11:44, Brian Vita wrote:
 >>
 >> Given how we have a hard enough time TALKING about radio here without
 >> flaming each other out, do you really think that we could RUN a radio
 >> station without killing each other?  Try picking a format!  Let's see,
 >> beautiful music, long-haired classical for the elite, smooth jazz,
 >> blues, folk, "progressive" talk, conservative talk, local talk.  We
 >> could do a different format each hour!
 >
 >Hey, I like that idea!
 >A. Joseph Ross, J.D.

And, in other words, be exactly like WBRS, WUML, WZBC, WMBR, WMFO, WUMD,
WRBB and WERS?  And those are just the ones that are (theoretically)
listenable while in Cambridge.  Never mind the dozens of other
college/high-school radio stations, and pirate stations, in and around
Boston.

If I wanted to listen to that kinda of free-form crap, I'd listen to one
of the existing stations.  And if anyone wanted to listen to those
stations, then they'd show up in the Arbitrons/RRC's.

--

Aaron Read

http://friedbagels.blogspot.com