Herald: Music fee hikes could scuttle WJIB

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Tue Jan 30 00:17:24 EST 2007

At 12:09 PM -0500 1/29/07, Aaron Read wrote:

>If I wanted to listen to that kinda of free-form crap, I'd listen to
>one of the existing stations.  And if anyone wanted to listen to
>those stations, then they'd show up in the Arbitrons/RRC's.

Hey, Aaron, we all have different musical tastes.  Just because you
don't like what I like I won't label what you like as "crap".  Please
show others the same respect, OK.

Those stations don't show up in the Arbitrons because they don't rate
non-commercial stations.  And even if they have a relatively low
listenership, there's still an audience being served, even if you are
not a part of it.  With the large number of radio stations in this
area, there's no need for them all to be the same and only catering
to the most popular tastes, there's room for everyone.

OK, rant mode off.

That being said, today I got my ice storm damaged FM antenna
replaced.  The remains of the old Stereo Probe 9 are now awaiting my
next trip to the dump, but I will strongly recommend the Delphi FM
antenna the installer used.  The Delphi TV antenna and Channel Master
preamp they also installed means I'll finally have the ability to
receive digital TV as soon as I find a reasonably priced box.

Anyone have any user reports on the Sangean HD Radio tuner?

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH