Red Sox Leaving WGIR Manchester NH in 2007

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 19:57:41 EST 2007

>From what I can gather, the Red Sox baseball broadcasts will be on WKBR
1250 in Manchester this year, and not WGIR 610.

If I recall, exept for a short stint on WFEA 1370 Manchester during either
the WITS or WPLM flagship days, the Sox have been on WGIR most of my fifty
years.

Now this posses a small problem for me. At twilight WEEI gets very often
gets walked on by the Penn Yan 850 station. WKBR's night time clover-leaf
pattern has a null in my direction and is somewhat noisy. WGIR always
provided a great signal for my in Derry. OH WAIT, NEVER MIND, THEY'LL be
on 680 WRKO, most of the time, duh!

I wish the Armed Forces Radio Network still carried major league games on
short wave. I got to listen to games from all over the country FOR FREE,
back 30-40 years ago!

John B
Derry