Red Sox Leaving WGIR Manchester NH in 2007

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Tue Jan 23 21:21:46 EST 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 7:57 PM, John Bolduc wrote:

> From what I can gather, the Red Sox baseball broadcasts will be on
> WKBR 1250 in Manchester this year, and not WGIR 610.
>
> If I recall, exept for a short stint on WFEA 1370 Manchester during
> either the WITS or WPLM flagship days, the Sox have been on WGIR
> most of my fifty years.
>
> Now this posses a small problem for me. At twilight WEEI gets very
> often gets walked on by the Penn Yan 850 station. WKBR's night time
> clover-leaf pattern has a null in my direction and is somewhat
> noisy. WGIR always provided a great signal for my in Derry. OH
> WAIT, NEVER MIND, THEY'LL be on 680 WRKO, most of the time, duh!

It looks like WKBR's signal is worse than WGIR's save Manchester and
the immediate area.  OH WAIT, NEVER MIND, there's always WTIC and XM.

Does WRKO make it up this way (west of Nashua)?

Paul