Globe article on Touch FM (not legal) 106.1

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Jan 22 02:40:53 EST 2007

At 02:05 AM 1/22/2007, Bob Nelson wrote:

>Radio Free Vermont (late 90s, 96.5
>in Rutland) got shut down for illegally broadcasting and
>they, too, ran ads (I have a tape of them and there was
>an ad for a golf driving range in nearby Clarendon.)

What still annoys me is how Radio Free Allston was shut down-- it ran
no ads, served groups in the community that were not being served at
all, was totally non-profit and mainly staffed by volunteers... and
yet the FCC (on a complaint from, I believe WROR) came in and shut
them down.  I never understood what harm RFA was doing to anyone with
their low power and their commitment to the community.  Yet assorted
pirates who ARE trying to make money still remain on the air.  I don't get it.