Globe article on Touch FM (not legal) 106.1

Michael E m1bz@hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 09:16:18 EST 2007

Sunday morning, driving down route 93 southbound, I first picked up 106.1
Touch FM at the Winchester Highlands, if you know the area.  Reception was
spotty at best, continuing with static interruptions til I got to the lower
deck.  Lost it in the tunnel, but on the other side of the tunnel, it came
in strong.  Remained a decent signal from the Southie/Dorchester stretch,
through Milton and Quincy.  Lost the signal for a second when I got on Route
3 south, lost it for good at Derby St (exit 15) in Hingham when WCOD powered
through.

I tell you all that as evidence that the station can be heard in a swath
that's larger than five miles.
Programming was interesting.  They were marking recent deaths, including the
widow of John Coltrane.

I wish them well.  I can't argue with their stated mission.  I just hope
they find a way to become legit and stay on the air.