[B-R-I] Re: Bad Taste Radio - Girl Dumped Live On The Radio

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Fri Jan 19 10:59:59 EST 2007

Sid Schweiger wrote:

> By the time they
> realize their privacy is gone and there's nothing they can do about it,
> it's too late.

And just who among us can't relate to this?  [cough]  File under: Please
don't stare at me at Starbucks.

Seriously, as irresponsible as promotional stunts can be, I would still
side against legislating against it.  This, along with the mis-named
"Fairness Doctrine" have no place in a free speech environment.  The
natural consequences of doing stupid stuff like this include: barristers
stepping forth and whipping out words like hitherto, whereas, damages,
garnished wages, settlement, license challenge, and new jobs featuring
'fries-with-that?'

Bill O'Neill