Herald, Ch. 25 report WRKO Finneran deal

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Mon Jan 15 22:02:06 EST 2007

Chuck:  I see that you are putting the emphasis on Mr. Finneran's conviction
and not his lack of radio experience.  That is a real distinction from the
folks hired at WGAN.  I was focusing on your comments regarding his voice
and lack of experience when thinking of Ken.

Personally, I have a hard time getting worked up about his conviction when
his crime was basically the same thing that got Bill Clinton in trouble.

The felony thing does remind me of the WZAN lineup when the station first
changed formats to talk -- it featured a simulcast of the WGAN morning show
followed by G. Gordon Liddy, Pete Rose, and Tom Leykis.  When promoting the
lineup on the morning show, Jim Crocker noted that he and Don Kroah were the
only people on the station who had not been convicted or accused of a crime.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine