Boston Herald LtE On Progressive Radio

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:30:04 EST 2007

If I had submitted a letter, I'm not sure it would have been a rebuttal
but more of a clarification.  The writer cited a rating for WKOX/WXKS that
was the 12-and-over Mon-thru-Sunday number.  The outlets ranged from
unreceivable at night (WXKS-AM) to somewhat constricted (WKOX with a
fan-shaped pattern from downtown Framingham to some route 128 communities)
During live Air America and Jones shows, there was enough listenership
that the shows that accepted calls got plenty from Boston (you can't say
that about WTTT) which isn't a lead-pipe criterion of avid listenership
but indicatesd something higher than the number cited in the Herald.
Al Franken did a live show from the W-i-i-i-i-i-llllbur Theater
(managed by CCU so they got it essentially for free) and he nearly
filled the place on a Monday afternoon, which is more than some shows
there did on Saturday nights.

--
Low Prices, Wide Selection of Gas Masks
Everyday low price guarantee. We offer special police discounts and an extremely wide selection of gas masks, filters and huge selection of preparedness gear.