[B-R-I] Re: Herald: WTKK lineup changes

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:31:27 EST 2007

First of all, today's Herald item indicated he was a ratings LOSER which
is all that counts really.  And how is a "newpaper columnist" who appears
in NO newspaper a marquee (correct spelling) name...a FADED marquee name
is more like it.  And to carry the thought to another "marquee" name:
over and over again people have stated that although Al Franken had a
"marquee" name, his show sucked (their opinion, not mine).  I'm an
avid Stephanie Miller fan (now limited to listening to the opening
segements of each hour on stephaniemiller.com's blog) so I rarely
heard Barnicle's lame show live except when S.M. was on vacation or
I had occasion to hear a Barnicle rerun on the weekends.  It strikes
me that he doesn't bother himself with much show prep, he falls
back on sports-oriented palaver, and on another board, someone posted
that when he runs out of things to say, he plays a pop or jazz CD?  This is
a TALK-SHOW host?  How can WTKK claim to be ALL talk if Barnicle is playing
MUSIC?

--
Low Prices, Wide Selection of Gas Masks
Everyday low price guarantee. We offer special police discounts and an extremely wide selection of gas masks, filters and huge selection of preparedness gear.