Guy starts a LP station in Concord.

Don A Donad_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 01:08:34 EST 2007

> All I know is that everyone I know who listens to WCRB remarks how
> annoying their repetitive playlist is.  Classical radio is not pop
> radio, and what works for pop radio doesn't necessarily work for
> classical radio.

Well, the sucess of the present incarnation of WCRB has yet to be seen.

However, WCRB (102.5) was considered one of the most sucessful Clasical
stations in the country.

The same factors that work for pop radio brought WCRB it's highest ratings
ever.

102.5 enjoyed it's most sucessful years when it increased it's repetition
and started playing shorter peices.

99.5 seems to be following the same recipe, albeit a little more "clunkily".